Room In Progress Part 3

September 23, 2009 by

Sorry that I haven’t been able to update on the room progress until now.  I have been so busy with weddings, and sick kids and running to the basement every chance I get to get the room ready for carpet.  My hands are spattered with paint as I type this and did I mention that I HATE drywall?

The pictures that I have here are when the initial finishing started, and a few pictures of the walls after they were completely mudded and the primer was on.  I am just now getting some color on the walls.  The next step will be to have Rite Rug in to install the carpet!  I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to get to that point so I can start arranging the room and getting the trim up.  I don’t want to give too much of the room away until it is close to completion.  I underestimated the work required to do this yourself and I spend a lot of my free time down there.  I hope to not see another paint bucket for a long time  lol.  Three gallons of primer and two gallons of color so far have been put on the walls!  The ceiling won’t go in until the Spring and it will be a drop ceiling (we hope, no clue about how it works) so not too much of a mess.

Sorry about some of the quality, my nice camera was in repair (grumble!)

IMG_1181_resize

IMG_1182_resize

IMG_1183_resize

LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL WALLS!!!

IMG_3432_resize

IMG_3435_resize

Off to paint more walls, more to come!

Comments

10 Responses to “Room In Progress Part 3”
  1. Ooohhh!!! It looks great!! I can’t wait to see the finished room! :D

2. Trish says:

Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt, but now every time you go down there you can have the satisfaction of telling people you did it yourself!

3. trisha says:

WoW! GREAT job!!!!!!!!!

trisha
    momdot.com

4. Christine says:

I so wish I was the lightest bit handy….I can paint with the best of them and actually love doing it, but anything else makes me a nervous wreck that i am going to screw it up. Congratulations on the beautiful room, and I can’t wait to see the end result

5. Heather says:

Wow! You got skillz with the drywall!!

6. You did the drywall? Man, I am such a wuss. When we bought and remodeled a house to flip it that was the one area I avoided like the plague. Aside from having no skills I also have no patience. I’m a “that’s good enough” kind of guy but I’m not sure that would pass inspection. :)

Major kudos and I know it will make the finished project all the more rewarding!

7. Matt says:

Wow, it looks great! I hate drywall too! That’s why my bathroom still needs to be finished…

8. Baba says:

I’ll be doing this myself soon. Looking great!

9. Cat says:

Can I just say you are completely awesome! I wish I could do something like that but I wouldn’t no where to start. It’s starting to look amazing!

10. Amanda says: