Wilton and A Crafting Day

October 21, 2009 by
Filed under Family Fun, General

I know with the colder weather coming up, it means much more time spent indoors with your children.  With twin 3 yr old boys it makes it hard when they are so full of energy and you cannot let them out to play.  The past few days have been so rainy here and I was scrambling to find something to do with them, that would occupy at least one hour of the day.  Finding small crafts for toddlers is sometimes a challenge but I ran across a really cute one at Walmart the other day.

Wilton the famous cake decorating and candy making supply company had these really cute Halloween candy necklaces that kids can put together and they were only $3.99, so I thought I would give them a try.  The boys had a blast and had even more fun eating them!  It is a nice little project to do with kids ages 3 and up, and they may need a little help.  But stringing on the candy beads is also a great way to develop those fine motor skills.

Check out our crafting day!!

candy necklace

candy necklace5

Comments

11 Responses to “Wilton and A Crafting Day”
  1. Kelly W says:

that looks like lots of fun. I’ll have to try and find those I think my kids would love it.

2. Rhea says:

Those are really cute. You have so much more patience than I do with my 3yo’s. I have done very few crafts with them because I am afraid my head would explode. LOL

3. Marianna says:

As a mom of twin boys, I can totally attest to it being rough keeping them in all day. Mine are only 2, so I can just imagine when they are 3 and even more hyper! This is a great idea and it look like they enjoyed it. Thanks!

4. Kasandria says:

Looks like you guys had a fun day! I love crafting.
    Kasandria

5. Alli says:

Ok, I think of Wilton, I think icing. This is so cool! I have to show my nieces. They would get a BIG kick out of it.

6. what a fun project and so good for little fingers I’ll have to pick up some for my little guy

7. Yummy. I love those candies. Reminds me of my childhood.

How long did it take to make the necklace, my kids would eat all the candy before it was eaten

9. Natalie says:

Looks like a lot of fun! I’ll have to go look for some, my daughters would love those.

10. What a cute craft. I need to stock up on some crafts for rainy days! Great idea!