Thanksgiving Turkey How Do I Make The Perfect Turkey?

November 10, 2009 by
Filed under Food & Recipes, General

I just realized that Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and that means getting ready to do a little cooking.  We rarely head home for this particular Holiday because of Christmas being so close.  I love all the food that comes along with Thanksgiving but sometimes the task of making all the good things you remember a can be an undertaking for our small but growing family.

The boys are still little so they don’t really eat all that much in a sitting, my husband refuses to eat anything with onions or nothing with any taste.  He won’t even eat sausage stuffing and I love the stuff.  I like to go all out so I don’t feel like I am missing the good food like I remember from back home.  The only problem is that, I wind up with all this food and it never tastes the same to me when you eat leftovers.

So this year, I will still probably go all out, but there is one thing, I have yet to master, the TURKEY.  I would love to taste a turkey that isn’t dry, that isn’t undercooked and that tastes like all these famous chefs brag about.  I have no clue what recipes to try, and there are  like a bazillion of them on the internet.  A turkey should be awesome, because it is the center of the meal.  I have heard that to brine a turkey is the best method, and I tried it one year and made a mess.  Isn’t there an easier way?  What is the best turkey recipe? I would love some hints and tips!

Comments

9 Responses to “Thanksgiving Turkey How Do I Make The Perfect Turkey?”

My ALL TIME favorite recipe is Maple roasted turkey, it’s sweet so kids usually love it and it’s not that tough to cook. I make it every single year and just thinking about it makes me drool lol

2. Laurie says:

That sounds yummy if I can convince my husband about the sweet part. I am sure the boys would love it but not so sure on the man of the house!

LOL Laurie, it takes some getting used to for the men but the turkey meat itself comes out to be really moist (ech I hate that word lol) and the whiter meat is less flavored than the dark.

4. Rhea says:

Laurie, here is the link to my favorite turkey recipe that I have made the last few years:

It’s actually a Jaime Oliver recipe. Putting the stuffing under the skin really flavors the meat and keeps it moist. It is SO good.

Good luck this year. I hear good things about brining, too. I hope you find a recipe that works for you.

5. Brittany says:

Can’t lie…I’ve never made a Turkey Deal meal! But if you find a recipe that works out post it – will need it in the future!

6. Rachel says:

I’m in the same boat…never had to cook a turkey myslef…I’m spoiled, each year we go to my grandmothers or my parents house and just show up and eat!

7. Robin G says:

I always brine mine …it makes a huge difference.

8. I’m clueless! I always just throw it in the oven. It’s a crap shoot every time, lol. Good luck!!

9. I can’t believe your husband doesn’t like stuffing! Wish I could help with turkey advice, but I actually have not prepared one before.