Argument Over The Color Of Towels

February 24, 2011 by
Filed under Family Fun, General

My husband and I, go round and round over what color certain towels are in our house.  After bathing the boys, I tell him to grab the green towel over there, or the brown towel.  He always grabs the towel I’m pointing too and goes “this towel? its not green it’s blue,” or, “its not brown, it’s green!”

I am almost certain the man is color blind, after all, I am the one who picks out and buys his clothes and I am always the one saying “you wore that to work?”  I am not colorblind I know what color my towels are and so do the boys.  I always ask them and they usually agree, unless the husband is trying to win  LOL.

So you tell me what color this towel is, so I we can put it to rest.  The man drives me crazy.

He says the towel on the left is blue, I put a blue shirt next to it for reference, he just claims the towel is a shade of blue. I say it is clearly  lavender and the pic doesn’t do it justice but its purple people. But you can be the judge.

Comments

21 Responses to “Argument Over The Color Of Towels”
  1. I say beige but I just went back and re-read your post before I answered. I am clearly wrong. But I will side with you, either way. ;)

2. Men are naturally color blind anyway lol. It’s lavender.

3. Laurie says:

When I did the lil eyedropper on photoshop, it pulled up the color in the purple shade thinger. Whatever it is LOL

4. 2ha_m says:

i agrees with whom ever say that the towels in the left is blue and the one on the right is purple ^_^

5. Jess says:

Before I even finished reading your post I thought the towel looked lavender *shrugs* men are clueless sometimes!

6. Cat Davis says:

Looks 100% lavender to me. Is it possible he really is color blind?

Well it looks grey on my monitor, but in light of the fact you said it was lavender, I can imagine that more than that it is blue!

8. Shannon says:

It’s lavender to me. :) My hubby does the same. He sees green, grey, beige the same!

9. It’s totally Lavender. I think he might be color blind – seriously. Both my dad and my son are, and they mix the browns and greens and the blues, reds and purples. Has he ever been tested?

10. Kelly says:

It’s SO lavender! My husband has the same issue and then tries to explain colors to our daughter – argh!

11. Dee says:

In the photo I can’t tell if the towel is lavendar, white or light gray but one thing I do know, it’s NOT blue.

12. From the picture is looks beige although it’s supposed to be lavender, but it’s definitely not blue. Men?!?

13. lisa says:

its hard to tell by the photo but it looks like it could be either light purple or light blue.

14. Rachel says:

I think my monitor is off because it looks more blue than lavender. .. but I’ll side 100% with you because husbands are always wrong.

15. Melinda says:

color blindness is really common, maybe he is ;)

16. definitely lavendar!

purples are hard though cause there def is some blue in purple….just saying that for his defense, small as it might be. LOL

17. the lighting is bad in the pic I swear it was gray but in the top where you can see the bright light on it you can tell it’s purple. DON”T Sweat the small stuff and save the good arguments for things like what’s for dinner

18. Connie says:

I learned a long time ago that everyone sees colors differently. Just another quirk of being human :)

19. Gina says:

I honestly think most men are colorblind!! That towel is CLEARLY a light shade of purple!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kim Delatorre, Laurie. Laurie said: My dh and I argued over what color towel this is! You tell me? http://bit.ly/e0vCIx [...]