Twix Halloween Survey

October 23, 2011 by

Halloween is right around the corner, and of course that means lots of candy.  Before I became a parent, I would conveniently raid the stash of candy that was due to be handed out to little ghosts and goblins.  I am exercising great will power this year, however, and both of my hand out bags of candy have remained successfully sealed.  Stealing candy from a baby?  I am sheepishly admitting that this is what I do after the boys go out trick or treating.  Personally, I don’t want them having all of that candy and luckily they aren’t old enough to notice, but I am sure those days are numbered.

I am overprotective about my chocolate, and I have been known to hide it in a location where I know only I would look.  Some of my favorites include cold Twix bars (I hide them in the vegetable drawer), and m&m’s.

Just in time for Halloween, Twix did a survey that uncovers the treat behaviors and preferences of adults ages 18 to 34.

Survey results include:

• The 30 year-old trick-or-treater: Nearly 7 out of 10 adults (69 percent) ages 18 to 24, and half of adults ages 25 to 34 said they would do it if they could. Trick-or-treating, that is. The only thing holding them back is dirty looks from the neighbors.
  • Hide and seek: More than half of all adults surveyed (52 percent) admit to hiding a treat from their loved ones to keep the treat for themselves. Most hide their treat stash in their room (41 percent) or in another “super-secret place” (41 percent).
  • Fruit-flavored non-chocolate Halloween treats get no respect: Only 3 percent of all adults surveyed listed fruit-flavored non-chocolate treats as their Halloween favorite. The winning treat combination? Chocolate with peanuts or peanut butter topped the list at 39 percent, followed by a chocolate and caramel combination as a close second (30 percent). Phew, good thing TWIX bars come in classic TWIX® Caramel and TWIX® Peanut Butter.
  • Men seek the crunch; the ladies prefer something they can chew on: When it comes to treats, women prefer chewy treats more than men do (42 percent to 33 percent), while more men than women seek out treats with a crunch (33 percent to 23 percent).
  • Taking candy from a baby: One quarter of all adults surveyed (26 percent) admit to taking candy from their child’s Halloween stash or a friend’s or co-worker’s candy dish and denying it.
  • Sweets are social: Two out of three adults (64 percent) would rather enjoy treats with others than alone.

Most of these results definitely hold true for myself and I would definitely be trick or treating if someone wouldn’t give me a dirty look.  What are your deep dark secrets when it comes to indulging in your favorite treats?  Do you do the post trick or treating raid of your kid’s haul?

Thank you to Twix for providing these fun survey results!  Hope you all have a safe and wonderful Halloween!

Comments

23 Responses to “Twix Halloween Survey”

I look at it as keeping my son healthy and less visits to the dentist by eating his Halloween candy stash. I mean, I’m sacrificing myself… :)

The kids don’t go door to door around here. Most go to the Truck O’ Treats at the churches.

3. I do hide chocolate, but it’s only because I don’t want my children to have my same bad habits…(that’s what I tell myself anyways).

4. blueviolet says:

I didn’t take treats from my kids’ bags because I would have felt too guilty, but my ex sure did! LOL

5. Katie says:

last year my daughter had just turned 2 at Halloween and I think I let her have maybe 3 pieces of candy total. This year I’ll let her have a little more. We have a dentist’s office in Denver that pays you for bringing them your candy and they send it to the troops!

6. It surprises me that so many of the favorites have peanuts or peanut products in them.

We still trick or treat here in Las Vegas at dusk. I call it “Mooch Day” LOL and often seen older kids/adults still trick or treating with kids to get more candy. Some don’t even have costumes.

The 30 y/o trick or treater, haha. :)

9. Penelope says:

I like to sweet treat alone…hide my shame in private. I love chocolates!

10. blueviolet says:

I definitely prefer chewy, and caramel with chocolate is my absolute fave. No wonder Twix is my favorite candy bar of all!

11. I admit it – I took them!! and I love Twix!!

12. Allison says:

LOL. I would totally go trick or treating solo, if I could. Luckily I have small kids so I can tag along and get their candy. Mwhahahaha. :)

13. Kathleen says:

Yep, I am 30 and I totally would trick or treat if I could. When my boys get too old for trick or treating I don’t know what I will do.

14. bwhahahahaha that is hysterical and I say they got me pegged I certainly would trick or treat and I love how when i dress up and walk the kids people ask me where’s my bag LOL so I wouldn’t get dirty looks but i’m well over 30

My mom actually let us go trick or treating but tossed most of the candy and bought us a gift it we gave her the bulk of it. I liked new shoes more than candy.. We only kept twix and milky way :)

16. That list is funny but 74% of people are lying when they said they don’t take candy from their kids LOL

17. I love candy and I know most adults take their kids candy

18. That is a great list, I always nabbed any sweethearts or smarties, my kids were just happy I did not nab the chocolate LOL.

Out of site out of mind. I put the candy away already

20. I buy extra so I don’t need to take the kids’, lol.

21. Sheila says:

I am so glad my son is to old to trick or treat, and that we get no trick or treaters at our home.. cuz I can’t keep my hand out of the candy bag.. LOL

22. I like candy. I need more kids so I can get more candy, lol.