Cartoon Network I Want That!

November 10, 2011 by

Because of you, Santa has a very large list from my boys.  In fact, every commercial that involves a toy, the boys want it.  If I happen to forget that I left the tv on, I hear “I want that!”….”mommy I want that!” echoing throughout my house.

My very favorite moment is the monopoly banking game from Hasbro.  My son comes up to me and says he wants this game because he says that the world can be ours.  I asked him what he was talking about and he said “you know mommy, all you need in one card, you swipe it and the world is yours!”  I wish it was so my son, but the only thing swiping a card will do, is put you in debt  LOL.

I have been hiding from the television set since.  Clearly this Christmas, Santa has his work cut out for him with the millions of children that may watch the cartoon network.  I have a set amount that the boys may put on that list because for me, the amount of toys that are out there for kids, is overwhelming.

As a parent, I really look closely at the things I buy for the boys because what you get for your money these days is very little.  I would rather buy toys that are going to last than some of the mass market toys.  I find that the toys the boys play with the most are Legos, Playmobil, and plain old wooden blocks.  I also find that they use their imaginations more with these toys than anything out there.  There are no batteries, no annoying sounds and I can actually see them playing with them for years.

What are your kids asking for from Santa this year?  What are some of your personal holiday gift buying limits and rules?

Comments

33 Responses to “Cartoon Network I Want That!”
  1. My granddaughter says she wants everything she sees on every commercial that comes on and I say tell Santa

2. Oh man this time of the year when the kids were little stressed me out, it was only my husbands income until they were in High School, they wanted everything! :-)

My son only wants Lego… more specifically Star Wars Lego.

My daughter sees and wants everything on tv.

5. Kathleen says:

lol That is all I hear all day long too. I want this, I want that. God forbid the Toys R’ Us toy catalog come to the house!

Sounds like my son!

7. I dislike watching TV because the kids want everything on there. I’d rather watch a movie!

I wanted a lot as a kid.. hah

9. Penelope says:

My son doesn’t really talk much, so he isn’t asking for anything lol.

10. I agree, it’s very overwhelming. I also look very closely at the items that are on the lists and then choose very carefully what actually makes it into the house.

11. If I have to hear I want it one more time I might choke myself! The boys pretty much want video games and Beyblades, the girls on the other hand want everything in sight :)

12. 1stopmom says:

My daughter has gotten so bad she is showing me infomercials.She is really asking for anything that has to do with designing and cooking. My son is into video games.

13. LOL I hear from my son atleast 20 times a day I WANT THAT MOmmy and it makes me laugh every time

14. I’m beyond the toy years now, but I was very picky about what I’d buy. I avoided the gimmicks, and just bought things that would have long lasting appeal.

My 7yr old daughter wants more jewelry, especially earrings. My 5yr old daughter wants an Easy Bake Oven & my 3yr old son wants every single thing he sees on any commercial.

16. Katie says:

I try SO hard to just let Violet watch Nick Jr without commercials, but inevitably she sees commercials and wants EVERYTHING.

17. My son just started with the “I think we should buy that” line this week. It’s going to be a LONG couple of months. LOL.

It’s not just the commercials. The shows she likes, and the products that have the characters on them. Yikes!

19. So true…not only is my daughter an easy target for tv advertising, but so am I! I always want those toys and electronic gadgets that I see on tv commercials!

20. Jennifer says:

commericals are the worst. My daughter wants everything she sees, lol.

Our kids are pretty young and we don’t have a TV so they are using the newspaper ads to pick their toys. LOL. Oh i hate commercials.

My girls (7 & 5) have chilled out a bit with the “I WANT” business, but my 3 yr old son is in full effect. If we just say maybe every time, he accepts it and moves on LOL

Commercials AND ads are the worst…..

24. Zippy says:

I have to say that I’m glad my “child” is 28 after reading this…LOL. Of course he’s getting married this year, so I’ll be doing it with grandkids soon enough.

25. Rachel says:

Lol, my daughter is doing the SAME thing.

26. Melissa Au says:

My kids are the same way! I love it because it just has to have a fun jingle and instantly they want it!

27. Ohmygosh! I know exactly what you mean! I agree on the quality too. So many toys out there these days are made so poorly I almost loathe buying my boys toys.

Love Cartoon Network!

29. It’s the same here…kids yelling “I want that!” at every commercial. We told them to let us know if they see something they don’t want, lol.

30. Karen says:

My boys are the same way! They want all they see and MORE…

31. Sheila says:

My son is now 19, but I remember when he was little it wasn’t always tv that gave him ideas, but the Sears Christmas catalog. He would tear out pages and give me those.. LOL!

32. Karen says:

My boys want it all, too!

So true in my house as well!