Dark Raspberry Dove Chocolate Cupcakes With Raspberry Buttercream
I was thinking of ways to wish you all Happy Valentine’s Day, or just wish you all a happy day. So my taste buds decided to take over. I have an addiction to thee new Dove chocolates that I found in the store one day while I was crabby, PMS’ing and needed chocolate. If you haven’t tried them, they are the Dove Raspberry Dark Chocolate Promises. They are the perfect ratio of chocolate to raspberry and I have to hide my stash in the house.
So I decided, what if I put these in a chocolate cupcake for Valentine’s Day, or any day for that matter? So I came up with a little recipe to celebrate this day of love…love for your loved one, love for yourself, love of all things chocolate, or just plain old LOVE!
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa (dutch process or dark cocoa preferably)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ boiling water (see note below)
- 21 Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dove Chocolates Melted
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line Cupcake pan with paper or foil liners of your choice
In large mixer bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in boiling water by hand and then add the melted Dove Chocolates
Pour batter into baking cups about 3/4 full or a little more if you are daring.
Bake cupcakes 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- Reserved Dove Chocolates for shavings
- Be sure to wash and thoroughly dry raspberries before adding to frosting.Beat Raspberries, Butter, Vanilla and salt together at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
Top each cupcake with frosting and sprinkle some pretty decorations on top with a few shavings of Dove Chocolates and you have a very tasty Valentine or anytime treat! Enjoy!!!!