February 19, 2012 by

I can’t believe that I am staring at that number.  I am just a year before I reach the next check box bracket on all the surveys  lol.  Tomorrow, I will be entering my fortieth year and turning a very intimidating 39.  In some ways it is depressing, but in other ways, I am happy to be here because of my family.

I don’t really feel all that old and in fact, I look at myself as a young mother.  My boys are only five years old, so I have lots of keeping up to do.  I have even entertained the idea of having a sibling for them, I really am not sure that I am done.  A lot of people think having twins or multiples solidifies your family, but since my husband and I started late, I sometimes feel like we just got started.

I like to believe age is just a number, or at least I keep telling myself that, so I don’t lament over that number up there.  Whoever thought to make a big deal out of turning forty?  At least I don’t feel over the hill yet.

Here’s to many more days where I still feel young enough to be happy about turning another year older.   Happy Birthday To Me!

Comments

30 Responses to “39”
  1. Age is just a number! Enjoy your day! :)

2. I just turned forty and don’t even feel like I’m forty. It’s just a number anyway.

Happy Birthday!!!

3. I do agree that age is just a number. Enjoy your day — Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday! I know I don’t feel old and I’m 40. :)

40 isn’t old. You know they say that the 50s are the new 30s?!?! It really is a number.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I turned 29 earlier this month and had/have anxiety about the big 3-0 approaching. I do not take growing older well.

7. I will be 46 this year and have no thoughts about it, I still get carded so that makes me happy LOL. I worry more about my health and changes that will happen to my body so I am always researching :-) Happy Birthday to you Mommy!

8. Happy Birthday, Laurie!!!! I didn’t take 30 well at all so anything after that was cake.

9. I’ve got 2 years before hitting 60 (YES SIXTY) and I LOVE it. At my age I can do and say whatever I want! Believe me when I tell you that most everything gets better with age.

10. Kenda says:

I’m almost there myself – We have to see it as an achievement! I hope you had a fantastic birthday! :)

Happy Birthday.

It’s just a number but I hear you too. It’s so hard to look at 40 and not think OMG. HUGS!

Happy Birthday! And don’t worry – 40″s are the new 20s :-)

14. Happy Birthday! And, age is just a number!

15. Happy Birthday too you happy birthday to you… Wait til you reach my age then you can cry ENJOY YOur birthday

16. Happy Birthday – and think of next year as just an excuse to have a HUGE party! (I milked turning 30 for all it was worth)

17. Happy Birthday!!! Hope it is a wonderful one!!!

18. I am 45, 46 in April.. Yea I am in the something to 50 check box LOL 40′s have been great so far LOL :-) Happy Birthday!!

19. Karen says:

I am right there with you! I will be 40 this year and it is literally unbelieveable! I have a toddler and I don’t feel 39.

Happy Birthday!! No worries, 80 is the new 40 – You’re practically 20 ;-)

21. Jennifer says:

Happy Birthday!!

22. Lolo says:

Age is just a number! Happy Birthday!!

23. Happy birthday, I hope you have a good one! The years do tend to fly by fast, so enjoy your youth while you can.

Nicole is right. Age is just a number!

25. Megan says:

39 is the new 19!

26. Happy Belated Birthday! I am forty this year and it is just a number.

27. VE says:

Dearest Laurie,

It is just a number but 62 is being felt by me – I love you, Mom

28. Hope your week went great!