Pure Leaf Tea Makes Summer Entertaining A Breeze
We just got a new patio put on this Summer so we could enjoy our great backyard and have a few people over. I love Summer because it is the perfect time for entertaining friends and family, the kids are outside playing and it sort of brings people together.
After the patio was done, I was very excited to have a small get together with some of our friends, to show off the new patio and get the chance to do some outdoor entertaining. Before, we had nowhere to be other than the grass, so this was great. Along with the new patio, I was looking for some fun drink recipes that I could try to share with some of our guests. I wanted to create some family friendly beverages that everyone could enjoy. Some of my favorite drinks in the Summer include lemonade and ice tea, but I wanted to do something different. What if I could incorporate one of these classic Summer beverages into a new drink with a twist?
Pure Leaf Iced Tea by Lipton offered me some really great recipe ideas to try incorporating tea into adult beverages and even smoothies and even using it to prepare pork chops! Naturally, I was intrigued because all I have ever done with tea is add ice, and sugar and drink it, so I was excited to try doing something new with it. I was really surprised to see how versatile tea can be.
Since, the weather here has been insanely hot, I chose to make Pure Leaf’s Fruit-Tea Smoothie to cool everyone off. I had freshly picked frozen strawberries on hand and I thought this would be a great way to use them. The recipe included sweetened or unsweetened Pure Leaf Tea, vanilla ice cream, low fat, or I chose to put the good full fat stuff in mine, frozen strawberries and sugar (recipe to follow). These turned out really fabulous and tasted awesome, and everyone really enjoyed them, including the kids. Everyone was shocked when I handed out the recipe to them to find that there was tea in their smoothie.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
16 ounces Pure Leaf Iced Tea with Lemon or Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea, chilled
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup fat free vanilla ice cream
1 tablespoon sugar
In blender, process all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately in tall glasses and garnish, if desired, with fresh strawberries.
Pure Leaf Tea also teamed up with Gail Simmons judge on Bravo’s Top Chef to come up with some great recipes like Peach Ginger Fizz.
(See Recipe Below)
Lipton tea has been around as long as I can remember. I can remember the tea bag hanging out of my hot cup on days when my mom had me home sick from school nursing my sore throats. But, besides, having great tea , Pure Leaf has put a great deal of thought into their packaging. I love companies who make a genuine effort to create something that tastes good, but goes that extra mile to improve things about them and to make their product better in not just one aspect but all aspects. Take a look at what they are doing!
Why did Pure Leaf change its packaging?
• Pure Leaf is dedicated to the environment and wanted to make a change that would positively impact the world we live in.
• PET plastic is 100% recyclable.
• The innovative packaging is more consumer-friendly for on-the-go and out-of-home occasions compared to the previous glass bottles.
• The new square bottles are lightweight and provide a high pallet efficiency, which equates to more bottles, lighter loads and less fuel used in transport.
What is PET?
• PET is the type of plastic labeled with the #1 code on or near the bottom of bottles and containers and is commonly used to package soft drinks, water, juice and many other products.
• PET plastic is 100% recyclable.
o Source: http://www.napcor.com/PET/whatispet.html
Why the change from round to square bottles?
• The new square bottles (vs. round) fit together in a condensed way, creating high pallet efficiency, which equates to more bottles, lighter loads and less fuel used in transport.
Will you still offer glass bottles in addition to the plastic?
In what size bottles is Pure Leaf offered?
• 18.5-oz. and multi-serve 59-oz.
What does it mean to be Rainforest Alliance Certified?
• Rainforest Alliance certification is built on the three pillars of sustainability: environmental protection, social equity and economic viability.
o Source: http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/agriculture/certification
• Recently, in recognition of our commitment to sustainability, several of our tea estates, including our Kericho, Kenya plantation, have earned Rainforest Alliance certification.
• This certification is available exclusively to farms that meet or exceed the rigorous standards for sustainability that are necessary to achieve Rainforest Alliance certification.
• We are very proud to source our tea leaves from these farms and to be able to use the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal on Pure Leaf.
o Source: http://www.liptonpureleaf.com/ra_certified/
Summer is a great way to enjoy Pure Leaf Tea, and enjoy entertaining your friends and family. Pure Leaf Iced Tea is great straight form the bottle, but now that I know you can use tea in other things, I can’t wait to experiment! You can check out the Pure Leaf facebook page for some really great recipes!
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Lipton Pure Leaf. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating”