Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe Using Costco Pork Sirloin Tip Roast

October 12, 2012 by

Costco is running a great deal on pork this month and as part of a project to promote the National Pork Board I am posting one of my favorite recipes using my trusty crock pot and a Sirloin Tip Roast from Costco. Pork is considered the “other white meat” and it is relatively easy to prepare. I recently made a trip to my local Costco to pick up the things I needed to make a really great dinner for my family using pork.

Costco has a lot of great products that I buy on a regular basis. I was able to pick up the canned mushroom soup I needed, fresh organic Ceasar salad mix, rolls, and organic broccoli, pre made mashed potatoes and four pork sirloin tip roasts. As a busy mom, I typically make a lot of things in my crock pot because it is convenient. Usually what happens, is that I get busier as my day progresses, and by the time dinner rolls around, I am very short on time to come up with something to make on short notice. The crock pot is ideal because I can throw everything in there in the morning and just let it go for the day. When dinner rolls around, I can make up a few side items and dinner is pretty much ready to go.

Pork is relatively easy to prepare for the crock pot. You can make lots of great things, like pulled pork, and roasts that simply melt in your mouth by the time they have been in the crock pot for hours. My favorite is super easy and versatile for making sandwiches, Sunday dinner, or shredding up the pork roast for later use like egg rolls, or serving over rice. Recipe to follow.

Get your roasts at Costco!

Get the roast ready for browning

Brown the roast evenly on all sides

Deglaze the pan and put into the crock pot.  It’s looking pretty already!

Add all the other ingredients, beef broth, soup mix, mushroom soup, and mushrooms and let the crock pot do its job

These were the mashed potatoes that I used that were on sample at Costco the weekend I went.  Who knew pre-packaged mashed potatoes could taste so good!

I know this looks all lumped together on the plate, but this is the best dinner ever!  The roast will just melt in your mouth!  Yum!

Crock Pot Pork Roast

1 2-3 lb Pork Sirloin Tip Roast

Olive Oil for browning

Flour

1 pouch of lipton onion mushroom soup

1 can of campbells cream of mushroom soup

3-4 cups of beef broth

Kosher Salt

Pepper

Can of sliced mushrooms if desire

White cooking wine for deglazing the pan

Directions:   Rinse and pat the pork roast dry.  Then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.  I just kind of eye ball it, I really don’t have a set amount.  Heat 2-3 Tbs of olive oil in a skillet, and coat the pork roast in flour.  Brown it in the skillet, and remove the roast and put it into the crock pot set on high.  After I have browned the roast, I usually deglaze the pan with a little white cooking wine, it gets all the good stuff left behind from browning the roast and I toss it in the crock pot.  Add the lipton soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms and beef broth over the top of the roast and put the lid on and let it go on high for 6-7 hours.  If you will be gone longer you can cook on low for 8-10 hours.  If you like potatoes or carrots, you can add these too about half way through the cooking process.  At the end of cooking, I will sometimes add a little cornstarch mixed with water to thicken up the sauce for a gravy.

I served broccoli, rolls, salad, and mashed potatoes this time around.

So, as you can see pork can be as simple or as complicated as you want for meal preparation.  This is by far my favorite recipe and the leftovers make really great sandwiches.

This is a sponsored post on behalf of Costco and The National Pork Board through The Motherhood.

Comments

21 Responses to “Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe Using Costco Pork Sirloin Tip Roast”
  1. VE says:

This really looks yummy! I definitely will give it a try.

2. Kat says:

Delicious!!!! Made this today, yummy :-D

3. LARRYOC says:

ok, taking a swing at this with “creative” ingredients.
    Kosher salt, pepper, added a little Montreal seasoning.
    Panko crumbs substituted. Browning yielded no extra glaze, used chicken broth instead of beef, no wine or cream of mush soup available in any case. No Lipton soup mix either, used Classical Creamy Alfredo from a jar instead. Threw in 8 oz fresh mushrooms. Few more splashes of chicken broth for moisture over time as well.

Running scared after turning my first crockpot try with pork tenderloin, turned it into elongated superballs. Marinating with the 505 picante from Costco has tenderized it, but for this next recipe (yours!) I am going with low setting for 6 hrs first to be conservative. Using Crockpot product from Costco. Thanks for the pic of the actual Costco product, helps us newbies get as accurate as possible. I will thermometer it at 6 hrs to see if it is 165 degrees. Will maybe cuisinart a red potato in there later, as you suggest. Don’t know if I can reply after this, technology questionable on this new website for me. Batchelor creation, anything can happen. wish me luck. Supplies running low, oxygen limited here in Denver. best wishes,
    Larry the piano guy (larry-oc@msn.com , http://www.larryoc.com)….

4. Jen says:

So yummy made this today! My family loved it, thank you!

5. keith says:

Sounds good giving it a try today

6. Joe von Oy says:

I learned a new trick for roasting the Costco Pork Sirloin Tip Roast from a friend. It turned out delicious.

Buy some coffee that is finely ground. The finest setting you can do on the grocery store grinder. Use the coffee as a Rub on the Pork Roast. Sprinkle on some Paprika. Then bake at 325 degrees for one hour and forty minutes.

It is delicious.

7. LOVE THIS recipe. I just tried it. I put 4 cups of broth and it was a little salty so I might just do 3 cups next time. Amazing, and the Costco pork sirloin is divine & top quality! Thanks so much for this!

8. Pam says:

I had a pork roast, no idea how I wanted to fix it, except in the crock pot. I found this and decided to give it a try. Smells wonderful.

9. Liz says:

This was fantastic! I made this last white wine and followed the rest of the directions.
    PS: Didn’t have any lipton soup mix so I googled how to make your own. It was delish with probably a lot less sodium.

This is keeper!

10. Jeff says:

This sounds great I will try it Tuesday.

11. Lisa says:

Fabulous <3 I am making for second time today, it comes out like pulled pork, and oh so tender, With Mashed Potatoes and a nice green on the side an Absolute Favorite here!!!!

12. Nancy says:

can this pork sirloin tip roast be used to make pulled pork sandwiches?

13. Kelly says:

This is so delicious!!! Thanks for sharing. The pork just melts in your mouth.

14. Diane says:

Maybe it’s me and I’m dumb but how can I follow a recipe that doesn’t offer a print recipe option. If there is one, it is hidden. I had to take a screen shot of the pages and paste them, what a pain.

15. Nachele says:

Absolutely delicious I have now made this 3 times & hubby loves it. 1st time followed recipe exactly as is was very tasty. 2nd time, I had to use chicken broth instead, I was out of beef. This was incredible. 3rd time no white wine used the red I had on hand, it turned out great. This is an fantastic easy crowd pleaser. The only bad thing is waiting for it to finish in the crockpot. The aroma is so incredible. I need to put a lock on the lid to keep husband from lifting it. Thank you for the recipe.

16. AlisonKN says:

Wow! Easy, flavorful, moist… A great recipe! I had a 2lb roast and probably could have just gone with 2.5 cups of broth, but everyone loved it – thanks!

17. Staci says:

I wish you had a link to a printable version of this recipe!

18. Sandy says:

try it with the dried chopped onions from Costco, low sodium “Better-Than-Bouillon” and just plain mushrooms – sauteed fresh or from a can. Add a little cream at the end. Thanks for the start. Just can’t do all that sodium.

19. Becky says:

My excellent friend made this and brought me some, and WOW! The meat is incredibly tender. We had it with German red cabbage.

20. Julie says:

Made this recently and it really was the best pork roast I have ever had. The sauce makes the most wonderful gravy. All ready when we got home from church. Perfect!!

21. Rosey says:

Thank you. So delish! Will make this again. Wish I found this recipe sooner. Excellent for the costco pork sirloin tip roast!!!