We are a house that loves music. One of my favorite things to do is to put on headphones, and do housework or go on a hike at our local parks. Being able to have portable music via MP3 player has been one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread. In fact I still have boxes of CDs in my closet wondering what on earth I will do with all of them.
For me when it comes to portable MP3 players, the smaller they are the better, because it is easier to take with me on plane trips, on car rides, in my purse, and on walks. I was recently given a really cool opportunity to check out the new Sansa Fuze+ and a VH1 slot radio card, and this thing is pretty cool. I received a red MP3 player which just looks really sleek and compact, but I also love all the features. The sound is really good, but the fact that I can listen to this pre-loaded VH1 slot radio card, is even better, or add additional music to a blank micro sd card. I like being able to get a preloaded card that I don’t have to mess with hand picking and adding songs, and it had a lot of the very popular songs from the 80′s. The screen on the Sansa Fuze+ was really crisp and clear which and I had no trouble navigating with the Sansa Fuze “invisible” capacitive touch control. You simple just have to touch right, left, up, down, or in the middle to navigate through song lists, genres, and even settings. You can also watch videos on the bright 2.4 inch LCD screen which is really cool.
At a $79.99-$119.00 price point, depending on the capacity, you can get this for just about anyone in the family for a gift for this holiday season. The Sansa Fuze+ is available in five colors, red (my favorite), black, white, blue and purple. Also available on the Sansa Fuze website are all sorts of preloaded slot radio cards that you can get to accompany your new MP3 player. I am already eying the one with Health and Fitness to get ready for my New Years workout plan.
- Capacities**: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- 2.4″ bright QVGA screen (320 x 240, 30 FPS) LCD screen
- Audio formats: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, Audible, Podcasts
- Video formats: MPEG-4***, H.264, WMV and Flip Video™***
- Photo formats: JPEG and BMP; photo formats can be further extended with Sansa Media Converter PC software download?, enabling TIFF, GIF, and PNG formats
- Digital FM Tuner with record functions
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 24 hours for audio playback and 5 hours of video playback†
- Hi-speed micro-USB 2.0 port
- Expandable microSDTM card slot and microSDHCTM card slot
- Ready for slotRadio™ & slotMusic™ memory cards
- Sleek industrial design with “invisible” capacitive touch control and highly intuitive graphical user interfaceSanDisk® slotRadio™ Cards
Each SanDisk® slotRadio™ card includes 1,000 songs featuring artists from the Billboard® charts. Songs are preloaded onto a tiny card with handcrafted playlists that include hundreds of artists. Like a FM radio experience, you can lean back and let slotRadio do the heavy-lifting so you don’t have to download music song-by-song. Songs are played in sequence and are locked to the card. You can skip individual songs as many times as you like, or switch between playlists with a touch of a button. Simply insert a slotRadio™ card into the slotRadio player and enjoy music in an instant. It’s great music made effortless.
This is really a great little MP3 player for just about anyone with some really great features. You can listen to your favorite radio stations, pop in a pre-loaded slot radio card with all your favorites, or add you own song line up. You can even watch a video. It would make a perfect gift, or stocking stuffer.
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of SanDisk and received the SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ and VH1 slotRadio Card to facilitate my review.”